× Members

Reverting back to maiden name

More
6 years 10 months ago #190462 by Tricia
Reverting back to maiden name was created by Tricia
Hi all,
I am reverting back to my maiden name and of course I will need to inform the DWP.
However I am concerned, because previously when I've notified them of changes it has resulted in my esa being suspended whilst they check everything, I was wondering if anyone else has changed name and if it affected them after informing the DWP. I am also afraid it will also it will trigger them sending me the esa50 reassessment form again, although I have only returned the last one in Dec, which I am still awaiting to hear whether I need a f2f or that they're happy with all the evidence provided to keep me in the support group without the need of a f2f. Has anyone else had to wait this long in the Coventry/ Warwickshire area ? Cheers Tricia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190503 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reverting back to maiden name
Tricia

If you are still awaiting the result of your current reassessment, then reverting to your maiden name will not result in a new ESA%0 being issued, I would not expect this to happen even if your were not currently awaiting a F2F.

I'm afraid there is a good chance that your ESA will be suspended again, although it could depend on how you are changing your name, one thing you can try an do to minimise the impact is to notify the DWP the day after your ESA is paid, that way you will have a fortnight to sort out any additional questions that the have before it has an impact.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190565 by Tricia
Replied by Tricia on topic Reverting back to maiden name
Yes I was thinking that I should wait until after I get paid, or wait until I start the process of. Changing my passport later this year.
Does anyone know if there is a delay in the Coventry/Warwickshire area with decisions following completion of the ESA50 ? It's been over 6 months now. Last year I provided slightly less medical evidence and was moved from WRAG to SG, based on the evidence provided without a f2f and was informed around the 5/6 months .

More
6 years 10 months ago #190575 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reverting back to maiden name
Tricia

ESA Decisions are taking 2-4 weeks but there are still considerable delays in the assessment part of the process across most of the UK, with considerable delays in some areas.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tricia

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.