× Members

Review of PIP award 12 months in

More
6 years 10 months ago #190464 by india
Review of PIP award 12 months in was created by india
Hi all

Thank you once again to everyone who helped me this time last year. I was originally given 0 points then applied for MR and got enhanced daily living rate. This success was due to the invaluable advice given on this forum.
At the time of the Award I had CFS and severe emotional needs due to childhood abuse.
I was given a 2 year award and now I have to fill in forms to review at this stage which is one year in. I have filled in the forms as detailed as I did the first time I applied and submitted letters from my GP and Psychotherapist to support what I say. As I go through my weekly therapy I am telling the DWP how this is bringing up issues and making life harder for me.and my mental state..I have BPD anxiety and PTSD. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia so have listed how that has affected me since getting the initial award.

Can you offer me any valuable tips to getting through the review? Secondly will I need to be re assessed at the end of the Award period. Can I prepare in advance for it?? I have given them so much evidence this time which I cannot use again at the time of the end of the Award period.

Thank you again

India

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190506 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Review of PIP award 12 months in
India

Any new award will replace the current one and will set a new end so you will not be reassessed again in about 10 months time.

You don't say which form you have received, a PIP2 or the Review form (AR1)?

Both are covered in the PIP Claim guide.

One thing you should give some thought to is how to deal with the issues that resulted in your original claim being reject, what information did you give to the Tribunal that allowed them to make an award?

Just because you have submitted evidence before does not mean that you cannot send it now as long as it is still relevant to your conditions as they are now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.