× Members

MEDICAL ASSESMENT

More
6 years 10 months ago #190466 by Sangita
MEDICAL ASSESMENT was created by Sangita
I recently filled in an ESA50 form and yesterday received an appointment to attend a medical assesment.
I am now in extreme anxiety about this because of my physical and mental issues - I have severe urge bowel incontinence, sometimes daily, but usually up to 5 times weekly, I also suffer from complex PTSD and dissociation due to abuse and chronic fatigue and back pain. I filled in the form in great detail,referring to the guides on here and submitted a letter from my GP and psychotherapist.
I just now re-read some of the guide for physical disability and if I've understood it properly, I believe that with my bowel incontinence alone that I should have been automatically placed in the support group.
I really need some advice as even getting to the assessment centre is going to be very difficult and my symptoms are worsening already.
Many thanks in advance for your support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190510 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MEDICAL ASSESMENT
Sangita

The vast majority of ESA claimants are required to have a face to face assessment, although you may have provided detailed evidence the Assessment Provider is saying that they do not feel it is sufficient to make a recommendation to the DWP on an award.

You can push for a home assessment, but will need a letter from your GP explaining why you cannot attend at their offices.

A Paper Based Review may still be possible, you can try contacting the AP to see what information they believe is missing.

Depending on the timescale you can try involving your MP, things should settle down again after the election,

Contacting your MP

With regard to the Continence Descriptors, these are one of the most complicated ESA definitions with six discreet requirements all of which must be met to score points. The assessor will also consider the use of pads to alleviate the problems you have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190605 by Sangita
Replied by Sangita on topic MEDICAL ASSESMENT
Many thanks for your reply Gordon.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the AP?
I haven't had a medical since 2012 which only lasted around 10 minutes and the last time I filled in a ESA50 was 2013. My conditions have deteriorated since then...could this medical just be a formality?
Thanks again

More
6 years 10 months ago #190638 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MEDICAL ASSESMENT

Sangita wrote: Many thanks for your reply Gordon.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the AP?
I haven't had a medical since 2012 which only lasted around 10 minutes and the last time I filled in a ESA50 was 2013. My conditions have deteriorated since then...could this medical just be a formality?
Thanks again

AP - Assessment Provider

I doubt it is a formality, if this was the case then they could have confirmed your problems with your GP and avoided the need for a F2F in the first place :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190658 by Sangita
Replied by Sangita on topic MEDICAL ASSESMENT
Thankyou Gordon,
I will try contacting the assessment provider and I will also ask my GP to write another letter even though he already detailed problems in the one I sent in.
I'm very much in anxiety about this as if the worst comes to the worst, I do not feel able to cope with dealing with an MR, tribunal etc. I am very isolated and spend most of my time at home because of my health conditions.
Thankyou again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.