× Members

PIP Assessment tomorrow

More
6 years 10 months ago #190468 by JA
PIP Assessment tomorrow was created by JA
I have a PIP assessment tomorrow. This is my second one. I lost my motability car as a result of the last one. I am better prepared and am taking my daughter with me as I feel I can be more open about some of my physical and emotional problems in front of her. For some reason I clammed up last time and just answered their questions. My daughter will remind me of things. I went with my husband last time and he is as bad as me :
:blush:

One problem is that I suddenly need the loo with no warning at all. Will I be allowed to leave the assessment to go to the loo in the middle if I need too? And will this go against me if I do? I think the more I worry about it the worse I get.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment tomorrow

JA wrote: I have a PIP assessment tomorrow. This is my second one. I lost my motability car as a result of the last one. I am better prepared and am taking my daughter with me as I feel I can be more open about some of my physical and emotional problems in front of her. For some reason I clammed up last time and just answered their questions. My daughter will remind me of things. I went with my husband last time and he is as bad as me :
:blush:

One problem is that I suddenly need the loo with no warning at all. Will I be allowed to leave the assessment to go to the loo in the middle if I need too? And will this go against me if I do? I think the more I worry about it the worse I get.

I don't see why it should be a problem, I would tell the assessor of your problems at the start of the assessment, it is also worth your checking with reception about where the toilets when you arrive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JA

More
6 years 10 months ago #190706 by JA
Replied by JA on topic PIP Assessment tomorrow
Thank you. The assessment was a long one. 1hr 40 mins and I still forgot things especially about mobility. A couple of times I started to tell the assessor something and she said that we would come to that later and then I forgot all about it. I was awake during the night remembering all sorts of things that I should have said. But one of my problems is memory. I don't know if she believed me but did try to prompt me a few times when I didn't answer a question fully. I felt as though she tried to help me. Now it is in the hands of the assessors at DWP. We just need to wait .

More
6 years 10 months ago #190740 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment tomorrow
JA

PIP Decisions are currently taking 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.