× Members

Advice on ESA Letter Received Please

More
6 years 10 months ago #190484 by Bonnie
Advice on ESA Letter Received Please was created by Bonnie
Hi. My husbands ESA Support Group claim has come up for renewal. I sent the forms off a couple of months ago and received a 4-page letter back stating that "we have looked at your claim again following a recent change". The letter then goes on to give a breakdown of the amounts payable and at the end states- "the amount on this page will apply from the 9th March 2017 to 20th December 2017".
I would like to know please- does this mean my husband will NOT have to go to an assessment until at least December 20th 2017. Does this letter mean the claim has been accepted based on the form that was completed- esa50 and returned together with the other evidence I sent in?
My husband is in the Support Group and absolutely petrified of attending an assessment again as he has to relieve his illness every time so im hoping this may give him a bit of a breather knowing he has another six months or so before he needs to think about assessments again.
Many Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190525 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice on ESA Letter Received Please
Bonnie

It could be a Decision Letter, but the wording is sufficiently vague that it could just be the annual entitlement letter. The reference to December is also confusing as ESA awards are indefinite with regular reassessment, so there is no need for it to mention December at all.

I'm afraid the only way to find out what has happened, if anything, is for you to contact the DWP office dealing with his claim and ask.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.