× Members

Pip home assessment

More
6 years 10 months ago #190489 by Dribble
Pip home assessment was created by Dribble
Hi
can anyone tell me what level of investigation takes place on a home visit for PIP?ie.. are they going to walk around examining my home?? how invasive is the medical examination?/ and will they enlighten me to their own medical qualifications/ experience/expertise?.. can my husband be present ? hope someone can kindly help me with these queries. thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip home assessment
Debbie

Whilst they can ask to look around it's very unlikely that they will, the examination will be no more than a look at your basic motor skills, so you may be asked to stand and walk a short distance and they may look at your arm and leg movement and strength, there will be no requirement for you to disrobe.

Your husband can be with you throughout the assessment.

The PIP Claim guide has further details and a list of the questions likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dribble

More
6 years 10 months ago #190534 by David
Replied by David on topic Pip home assessment
Hi debbie
A home assesment is nothing to worry about. It is your chance to show what help you need to lead the best life you can. The HCP is like any other visitor, they can only look around with your permission. Don't think of it as a medical exam, it is just a test of your functionality, things that you can do, things you can do with the use of aids and things that you nedd more help with. The HCP needs to see how you really are without your coping mechanisms. Your husband can be with you but they will only be interested in what you say.
best of luck

More
6 years 10 months ago #190543 by Dribble
Replied by Dribble on topic Pip home assessment
CHEERS GORDON... PUTS MY MIND AT EASE... THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE!!! ITS GOOD TO KNOW iM NOT ALONE ...... LOLX

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.