× Members

My Assessment for PIP is tomorrow

More
6 years 10 months ago #190505 by Nasus76
My Assessment for PIP is tomorrow was created by Nasus76
Having awarded DLA for life having to reapply for PIP was most unwelcome and my time has come, tomorrow I must attend an assessment centre.

I wish I knew what to expect, I am an anxious person anyway and the thought of being grilled by a stranger for an hour about my disability doesn't fill me with any great pleasure, particularly when my disability is hidden and a number of my friends with clearly obvious disabilities have lost out at the assessment stage.

I have read through my claim pack answers a few times, is there anything else I should be doing to prepare for the assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190539 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My Assessment for PIP is tomorrow
Nasus

There is a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190568 by Susan Lowe
Replied by Susan Lowe on topic My Assessment for PIP is tomorrow
Hi. The answer to all questions is "yes, BUT because of how my disability affects me, I can't or I struggle with or I have difficulty with...." If you have included medical evidence, make a specific point of asking the assessor if they have read it and if not, to please note that in their report. GOOD LUCK

More
6 years 10 months ago #190578 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My Assessment for PIP is tomorrow
Susan

I think that claimants need to listen to the question being asked and then answer it the best fashion that they can, for example answering "yes, but..." to a question about whether you can complete an activity may give the wrong impression as to their capability, answering "no, only under these circumstances..." might be a better approach.

But as I said, it depends on the question being asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.