× Members

Review query on PIP

More
6 years 10 months ago #190514 by lizzie23
Review query on PIP was created by lizzie23
Hello everyone just a quick query please. I have received a decision on my PIP award and I received Standard care and Enhanced mobility. The assessor has completed her report and has agreed that I have restrictive conditions but because I was able to undertake the pinch test that she has marked me as requiring aids when my husband has to help me shower and dress. He also cooks as I cannot stand or use utensils with my hands. However I do not want to go to appeal as I also suffer with stress and anxiety and the past six months have made me ill. What has really upset me is that the award is only for 4 years when it was indefinite under DLA for exactly the same conditions. I rang the DWP and they said that they will request the DM to look at that again but I emphasised that I do not want a reconsideration of the other awards. The lady assured me that she would not put it in as a reconsideration but just a query. Please could you advise me whether this will be possible as I cannot afford to loose what I have.
Many thanks Lizzie23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Review query on PIP
Lizzie

We have seen the DWP do this without an MR being required, but don't expect any change to the Decision as it quite unlikely even with an MR that this will happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lizzie23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.