× Members

Pip review no change

More
6 years 10 months ago #190545 by greenfield
Pip review no change was created by greenfield
Hi,
I returned my pip review form with no change and lots of medical evidence to show that my condition is the same. I had an Atos assessment. The assessor was awful and I knew that his opinion would be negative. I now have the report. It is badly written, doesn't even have my correct medication listed, and his opinions are clearly very different to the last assessors assessment which was 2 years ago. He also contradicts my consultants own tests, says I have normal cognitive function even though I didn't pass his tests. My own consultants reports clearly contradict this. My question is, do the dwp go entirely off this current report, or will they look at the last assessment, my evidence, etc. To go from high rate care to nothing, will the dwp have to give clear medical justification, given that I stated no change, and MS doesn't just improve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190553 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review no change
Mrs J

It may depend on the DM looking at your review, they are not bound by the assessment report but usually follow it, however, there have been a number of recent Tribunal Decisions that have been critical of the DWP for not paying proper attention to the previous report when making their Decision.

I'm afraid there is little you can do until you receive the Decision Letter. PIP results are currently taking 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.