× Members

MR decision

More
6 years 10 months ago #190567 by Probation789
MR decision was created by Probation789
Hi Gordon. Just to keep you informed. Received MR and the DM has increased DL from 7 to 11 points but left the mobility at the original 4 points. I cannot believe that the two main areas of her difficulty (mixing with people and communication) have still been ignored, even after sending much supporting evidence from GP, Support Worker and another. I feel I should take this to appeal but, like you say, it could go either way. Also, the award is until Feb 2017. Her problems are almost all because she is Aspergers which is said to be a life-long condition, so I am disappointed she will have to endure all this again in three years time. I will think about it for a few days and decide. I will let you know if I take it to appeal. Thank you all so much for all of your help and advice over the last couple of years, like everybody else, I could not have got anywhere without it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190577 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR decision
Rayland

Success rates at appeal are far more higher than those at MR and if you are worried about this new award being reduced then you should know that the Judge is required to warn the claimant if there is a risk to any existing award so that they can withdraw the appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190586 by Probation789
Replied by Probation789 on topic MR decision
Thank you Gordon. That sounds less worrying, yes I think I will go to appeal. Just noticed my mistake on dates - I should have said the award is until Feb 2021. Thanks again Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.