× Members

PIP and mental health

More
6 years 10 months ago #190608 by Eriperri
PIP and mental health was created by Eriperri
First time posting and trying to find my way around the site, so forgive me if question is already asked. I suffer with complex mental health issues which compromise all aspects of my life. However, I mostly manage to work part time . I have my pip form. I'm worried that they will discriminate against me for working.? should my psychologist omit the fact that I work in his supportive letter. I'm really worried because without My DLA money I would not be able to work part time and My health would allow me to work full time and i don't want a life of being Totally reliant on welfare benefits, like I was many years ago. What do you advice please ? Any advice claiming would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190626 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and mental health

Erriperri wrote: First time posting and trying to find my way around the site, so forgive me if question is already asked. I suffer with complex mental health issues which compromise all aspects of my life. However, I mostly manage to work part time . I have my pip form. I'm worried that they will discriminate against me for working.? should my psychologist omit the fact that I work in his supportive letter. I'm really worried because without My DLA money I would not be able to work part time and My health would allow me to work full time and i don't want a life of being Totally reliant on welfare benefits, like I was many years ago. What do you advice please ? Any advice claiming would be greatly appreciated.

You can't ask your Psychologist to misrepresent the facts in regard to your working, apart from the fact that I would not expect then to do so anyway, hiding the fact that you work would be fraudulent.

Although PIP is not a work related benefit, your working is a material fact that needs to be considered as part of your assessment. Many claimants work and have an award of PIP, but they have had to explain how they do this and still have the limitations that resulted in their award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.