× Members

submitting extra evidence before any appeal

More
6 years 10 months ago #190617 by Dribble
hi Gordon
unfortunately I didn't submit much evidence when submitting my pip claim form, due to time restraints and being ill, however, if I manage to obtain medical supporting letters prior to my face to face interview, would it be advisable to present such evidence to the examiner during the home visit, or just keep it for any possibility of having to go to any type of appeal, please advise?/ many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190637 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic submitting extra evidence before any appeal

debbie wrote: hi Gordon
unfortunately I didn't submit much evidence when submitting my pip claim form, due to time restraints and being ill, however, if I manage to obtain medical supporting letters prior to my face to face interview, would it be advisable to present such evidence to the examiner during the home visit, or just keep it for any possibility of having to go to any type of appeal, please advise?/ many thanks

There is no advantage whatsoever in holding back evidence, give a copy to the assessor and ask them to read it and include it in your file when they return it to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dribble

More
6 years 10 months ago #190639 by Dribble
Replied by Dribble on topic submitting extra evidence before any appeal
would you advise delaying the assessors visit until such evidence can be obtained ?

More
6 years 10 months ago #190646 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic submitting extra evidence before any appeal

debbie wrote: would you advise delaying the assessors visit until such evidence can be obtained ?

It really depends on how significant the report is.

Your options for deferring the assessment are very limited, the appointment can only be moved once and then you must attend whatever the date or location or you risk your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KathyS, Dribble

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.