× Members

esa reassessments deferred for 2 years

More
6 years 10 months ago #190628 by Patsy19
Hi, I have just read an article on parliament.co.uk. Penny Mordaunt answers a written question 61568 regarding certain claimants not having to be reassessed for esa if they have longstanding conditions. She states that whilst the new criteria is being developed they do not plan to reassess claimants who had the most severe health conditions or disabilities when they had their FIRST WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT. Do you think this could be the reason for the 2year deferred rreassessments, and possibly why it affects both current support and Wrag claimants as it is what you were assessed as on your FIRST wca that counts, e.g. my friend is in the support group and has just been reassessed but she was in the wrag group at her first wca. I am in support group and was at my first wca and mine has been deferred for 2 years. The DWP would need to have simplified the process on their systems of identifying people, this may have been the way to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190641 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reassessments deferred for 2 years
Lady P

I think the deferments are more likely to be related to the continuing delays in the assessment process, it's not impossible that the criteria they are using will form the basis of the announced exemptions, but these only affect claimants in the SG and there have been no further details of the change itself other than it will be implemented at the end of the summer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.