× Members

12 weeks PIP MR decision period?

• leonie.wallace@icloud.com
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #190686 by leonie.wallace@icloud.com
12 weeks PIP MR decision period? was created by leonie.wallace@icloud.com
I'm assisting my mother with changeover fromDLA to PIP and we're currently at the mandatory reconsideration stage. The application was sent in almost three months ago with extra information for the MR. My mother has rung the DWP a few times to find out what progress is being made. Apparently the papers have been sent back to Atos for advice. On a couple of occasions she has been told she has to wait 12 weeks from the date she submitted the MR request for them to make the decision. So has anyone else been told this by the DWP? If this is the case why are we told there is no time limit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190723 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 12 weeks PIP MR decision period?
Leonie

I'm afraid there is no prescribed time for an MR to be completed within, it certainly isn't 12 weeks except by coincidence. If her file has been sent back to the assessor then it will certainly add some time to the process, although I would be surprised if it was more than a week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.