× Members

DLA to PIP Success

More
6 years 10 months ago #190695 by Drew
DLA to PIP Success was created by Drew
I just wanted to briefly say thank you to the helpful guides on this site and the additional information contained within the forums. My mum has successfully transferred from DLA to PIP.

DLA Award
Middle Care
Higher Mobillity

PIP Awards (for 6 years)
Enhanced Care - 16 points
Enhanced Mobility - 12 points

This was achieved after the face to face interview and the award notification was delivered within three weeks. I should say that I followed up the face to face interview with a letter that contained:
- Additional information regarding medical evidence as the assessor did not have the knowledge to assess the medication adequately.
- Minutes of the face to face interview based on my notes (so that it could be used to dispute any disparity in the report).
- A request for a copy of the report from the face to face assessment (followed up with a formal access request to provide a copy of the report so that I would have a copy should an appeal be necessary).
- Further copies of the key medical evidence (e.g. Doctors letter) so that it could not be ignored or missed easily. It was clear to me that they simply don’t have enough time to do assessments properly. For example, the assessor was unaware that I had Power of Attorney over my mothers affairs even though this was clearly stated on the form.

Thanks
Drewb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190730 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP Success
Drew

Many congratulations on the award, well done and thank you for your notes about your claim.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.