× Members

PIP medical assessment - warning

More
6 years 10 months ago #190699 by Lynda
PIP medical assessment - warning was created by Lynda
Yesterday I went for my PIP medical assessment. I eventually realised, probably too late on to correct/qualify some of my earlier answers, that it was the old story of manipulating answers by the questions you ask. One example was whether my anxiety/depression stops me from attending appointments, she then went on to say “hospital or doctor appointments”. I told her that I try to never cancel those sort of appointments as it can mean such a long wait for a new one. She was going on to the next question when I twigged and asked her to go back, then asked if she meant ‘just’ those sorts of appointments or whether she meant events in general. I was then able to give her the correct answer, which was that I find social events very difficult and will avoid them whenever possible.

Be very careful in answering their questions. With hindsight there were far too many things I wasn’t asked about in enough detail to give a true picture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190751 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic PIP medical assessment - warning
Just something else to add. The centre I was asked to attend was 26 miles away from my home, had I not had someone to take me I wouldn't have been able to get there. I was frightened of trying to re-arrange it in case they gave me a location just as far away and/or at a date/time when I had no-one available to take me. I've since discovered that there's a centre only 3 miles from my home which would have had the same level of accessibility and without the stress of a long journey. It seems the assessment starts long before you set foot through their doors!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, LIFE1980

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.