× Members

DLA to PIP and ESA reassessment at the same time

More
6 years 10 months ago #190729 by LippyKid69
My partner has a severe mental illness and has been receiving DLA and ESA (support group) for a few years. My partner was sent a form to be assessed from DLA to PIP and has a face to face appointment next week. My partner hears voices and is often suicidal, he isn't sleeping properly because he's worried about the face to face interview. I am his appointee, will I be allowed to answer questions on his behalf or does he have to answer himself? He has memory problems, are we allowed to take our photocopy of the form with us to refer to in the interview?

Things are even worse now as he has been told he is also being re-assessed for ESA and we have another form to fill in, so he's having to go through 2 reassessments at the same time. He is really distressed about this, if he gets turned down for both benefits we won't be able to afford to pay our bills. I have downloaded the ESA guide and will use that to fill the ESA form in, if anyone has any tips about how to deal with all this then please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190752 by Gordon
LippyKid

Specifically for PIP, as their appointee you should be able to answer all of the questions on their behalf but expect the assessor to push for him to answer, it may help his claim if he does but use your judgement on the day.

If it will help, there is an electronic version of the ESA50

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LippyKid69

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.