× Members

Esa to jsa . While waiting for M. C.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190842 by Amanda w
Esa to jsa . While waiting for M. C. was created by Amanda w
I've had to apply for jsa while my esa has gone to M.Ri was on income based esa. Now they have put me in j s a contribution based. Is that right. On one of the calculators online it said I would get £105. Put in only getting the basis rate. Do you get more if your on DLA . Higher mob . Lower care. Please can someone advise . Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #190853 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa to jsa . While waiting for M. C.

Amanda w wrote: I've had to apply for jsa while my esa has gone to M.Ri was on income based esa. Now they have put me in j s a contribution based. Is that right. On one of the calculators online it said I would get £105. Put in only getting the basis rate. Do you get more if your on DLA . Higher mob . Lower care. Please can someone advise . Thank you.

Were you working during the Tax Years 2014-15 and 2015-16? If you were then that is why you were put on ESA(CB), providing your circumstances allow it; household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works, then you can receive a JSA(IR) top-up to bring you up to the amount that the calculator suggested, speak to your JC+ advisor, there will be a form to complete with details of you financials, it's an ESA3 for ESA but I don't know the form number for JSA.

Having an award of DLA or PIP can increase what you receive but only if you are eligible for JSA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amanda w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.