× Members

Help totally misinterpreted question ....

More
6 years 10 months ago #190961 by Dribble
Hi Gordon...
Omg I've just realised I've totally ticked wrong answer for can you plan and follow a route unaided...
I stupidly took this to mean , mentally can I sit in car an get somewhere, not registering that I rely on my Sat nav in car an I'm 90% time accompanied anyway especially if going somewhere different an then they usually drive anyway.....
So I stupidly just ticked yes.. not really reading through properly the given responses
Hence I've lost points without trying... I have a home visit coming up very shortly...
So what do I do ????
Can I bring it up at this meeting an if so will they accept my revised response or just say tough...
God I feel sick.....
Help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191007 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help totally misinterpreted question ....
Dribble

The Going Out activity looks at three things.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. You are being asked about the problems you would have with working out how to get from one place to another, you do not need to be able to follow the route that you are planning..

Undertaking a Journey - this is do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with you leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop you doing this. You need to show that you would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - the DWP regard this as a cognitive or sensory activity to do with navigating the route, SO are there problems that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact if you cannot undertake a journey then you will struggle to score points for following one. Your reasons must be other due to overwhelming psychological distress.

It should be possible to give the assessor a revised answer at the assessment however I would send a copy to the DWP as well, c/o the Decision Maker.

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus, ATOS or Capita

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #191064 by Dribble
Replied by Dribble on topic Help totally misinterpreted question ....
So to clarify this question Gordon, mentally and visually I am able to plan and follow a route.
However physically I cannot undertake an unfamiliar route unaided or unassisted.
Require sat nav to keep me safe ,and need companion to ensure I don't get into physical difficulties with walking and help with moving obstructions , if I fell I'd not be able to get up unaided and need support with uneven foot paths curbs cobbles etc, which obviously I wouldn't be aware of in an unfamiliar area....
So I feel this meets with the criteria for q11 d ..would I be right???? Is there any scope within this question going out for people with physical disabilities to gain any points.. ????

More
6 years 10 months ago #191079 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help totally misinterpreted question ....
Dribble

I think you will really struggle to score points for the Going Out activity if the underlying condition that is causing problems is a physical one, the DWP clearly separate the two Mobility activities and I would only expect you to score for physical problems on the Moving Around activity.

Descriptor (d) is about navigating the route, although the problems you raise elude to issues with this it would be easy to assume your problems are not specifically to do with this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.