× Members

request a recording​ of the assessment yes or no

More
6 years 10 months ago #191181 by Rocky.uk
I am going for my first assessment. I write with my left hand and have a crush injury to my left arm. It's painful to write and am very slow. Should I request a recording of the assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191201 by Gordon
PG

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It's really up to you, but even if your left arm was uninjured you would not have time to make notes in the assessment, you will be too busy answering the assessors questions.

You don't say what benefit it is for?

If it is for ESA then you can request Maximus make a recording, there is a template letter in the ESA section.

If it is for PIP then you must make the recording your self, you still need the Assessment Providers permission and you will need to make two simultaneous recordings directly to tape or CD, you cannot make a digital recording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.