× Members

Complaining to Capita has helped get home visit

More
6 years 10 months ago #191391 by Sula Maye
I just want to share with others in case it helps them that I emailed a formal complaint to capita on Thursday as they were making my partner ring every day to see if a home visit could be found whilst advising me that if I cancelled the appointment that had been made for me at a centre I would be automatically issued another centre appointment and then be unable to rearrange that.

I asked them why as my GP would be supporting my claim that I needed a home visit - it was just going to take some time to get the letter as they are waylaid with PIP requests - I couldn't just be assured of a home visit and it be sorted out rather than the uncertainty hanging over me adding to my anxiety and distress. I cc d the dwp, and my MP into my complaint.

Yesterday evening my partner took a call from the dwp telling me they were liaising with capita to ensure I got a home visit, she had cancelled my appointment and had hoped to inform us of the new appointment but would be doing so on Monday and she was taking full responsibility and assuring me that it would be sorted swiftly.

So my advice is complain, and make sure you cc the dwp and MP to help kick things up the bottom. I was very surprised to hear so quickly and am greatly relieved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.