× Members

Skype Live Chat

More
6 years 9 months ago #192142 by Paul Smith
Skype Live Chat was created by Paul Smith
hi seeing as you have 8,000 followers just a thought with that many people with that many questions would it not be an idea to have a live chat on skype rather than a couple of 2 hour slots ,there just doesn't seem enough time for moderators to respond and no doubt like myself people are desperate to get an answer or help asap please
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 9 months ago #192155 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Skype Live Chat
Paul

I can't speak for the other Moderators but is not something that I would want to participate in and I think it would actually require significantly more time to operate than the current system. It also presumes that members have both the capability and skills to do this, my impression is that this is not the case for the majority of members.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud
More
6 years 9 months ago #192166 by Paul Smith
Replied by Paul Smith on topic Skype Live Chat
im sure you could get more questions answered through a live chat than typing one answer at a time for each question on this forum as for members having the capabilities and skills if they can post a question on this forum im sure they could entertain a live chat on skype if they are on here they obviously are on the internet to begin with it is so long winded in this forum it has taken me days to get an answer that i have found out for myself in the end
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon
More
6 years 9 months ago #192212 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic Skype Live Chat
The point is the Forum is supported by volunteer moderators who receive no form of payment. They answer our questions with steadfast knowledge in a clear and easy to understand way. I have never waited days for a response to a question. I am more than happy with the hours the forum is open. The moderators are also dealing with their own health issues which makes their contribution even more appreciated. I for one would never use a Skype type chat forum because I suffer from social anxiety and struggle with face to face communication. I'm sure if you want this type of facility you can find it online. Its a big thank you from me and I am sure others, to all the moderators who are patient beyond belief.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: william88, unBat412Fd, Mags, Bud
More
6 years 9 months ago #192245 by Mabel2015
Replied by Mabel2015 on topic Skype Live Chat
I agree. Gordon in particular works so hard answering sometimes complex questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon
More
6 years 9 months ago #192320 by Paul Smith
Replied by Paul Smith on topic Skype Live Chat
i have made no referance to moderators getting paid in this forum firstly .Secondly skype chat can be used without face to face you could type into the chatbox in the room so as for your social face to face anxiety that wouldn't be an issue for you .I was explaining my own situation as to waiting days for a response not anyone else ! i am entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not he wasn't as far as i am concerned being helpfull to my issue at all other than leading me round in circles he told me nothing i didn't allready know from reading the articles which he kept refering me to
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.