× Members

Will I lose out if my son stays temporarily

More
6 years 9 months ago #192310 by lizzie58
My son has left his wife but still paying her bills etc and wants to stay with me temporarily a few nights a week. I am on Pip esa support Ir with servere DP. Will I lose out he is using my spare room for storage mainly as he stays at his girlfriend most nights
I don't ask for money as he works and has nothing left to give. it took me 2 years to sort out my SDP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192335 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Will I lose out if my son stays temporarily
Lizzie

If he is only visiting for a short time (weeks) then you do not need to inform the DWP, however, if his stay is longer or becomes permanent then you must inform the DWP and I would expect you to lose your SDP while he continues to stay. If you are receiving Housing Benefit then you will have similar issues.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.