× Members

Moving from DLA to PIP

More
6 years 9 months ago #192322 by Donnylee
Moving from DLA to PIP was created by Donnylee
Hi to all ,my daughter was moving from DLA to PIP went to assessment ,heath professional stated that she knew nothing about her condition ,ASPERGERS SYNDROME,,and then asked what rate of DLA she was getting does anyone know if that is common practice? Anyway she was refused pip ,A mandatory reconsideration was done,also sent in a hospital report,she was still refused pip so will be starting an appeal process,I also could not understand why they did not ask for a go report,As it costs money if you have to ask for one yourself ,I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this thank you,donny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192349 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Moving from DLA to PIP
Donnylee

Unfortunately there is no legal requirement for those assessing you to seek further evidence from your GP, etc. and in fact they rarely do.

The assessors comments are not entirely unreasonable (but only a bit), PIP is awarded for the limitations that result from a condition, not the condition itself so it can be argued that in depth knowledge of a particular condition is not actually required.

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.