× Members

Carer allowed during assessment?

More
6 years 9 months ago #192324 by velet
Carer allowed during assessment? was created by velet
I've not been able to find any info on whether when you have your assessment carried out if the person who cares for you or has accompanied you to the assessment centre can be present in the room whilst you're being seen & assessed? I was hoping for a home visit but my gp had written a very poor letter requesting this, stating nothing more than "due to my medical condition" & giving absolutely no details whatsoever. I've got to attend an atos centre in a couple of weeks time & so dreading it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192353 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carer allowed during assessment?
Vee

Yes you can have someone in the assessment room with you.

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide there is a section at the back that covers the assessment and has a list of the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: velet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.