× Members

ESA Renewal or Not

More
6 years 9 months ago #192348 by ##Paulie01
ESA Renewal or Not was created by ##Paulie01
Hello mods.

I wonder if you could please help with a quick query I have regarding renewal of ESA.

I first filled in the Work Capability form back in November 2013. I was granted ESA in February 2014, backdated to the 2013 date. Having never claimed benefits previously so not knowing how things worked, I just went along with whatever, and around April 2104 I was placed in the Support Group without the need for a F2F.

I've been expecting a review/renewal by now but have not heard anything. A few months ago my payments were suspended for some time as I forgot to send a copy of my updated occupational pension. However as soon as the DWP received this, payment was reinstated. I'm assuming someone at this time looked at my file.

Should I just carry on and wait for them to get in touch?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192368 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Renewal or Not
Judith

ESA is an indefinite award with regular reassessment, you can find out when you are likely to be reassessed by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim, the prognosis on the assessment report is usually used to set the reassessment date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.