× Members

Help please with ESA /CB ..Ending

More
6 years 9 months ago #192698 by Helen 47
Help please with ESA /CB ..Ending was created by Helen 47
Morning , i have been reading thru FAQ about when a claim comes to a end for ESA / CB AFTER 365 DAYS ,Still unsure thou on the next stage ..hope you can help .
if a person is 62 yrs of age and has full NI STAMP OF 39YRS ...has savings over 16.000
but is still ill , can they still claim ESA .. AGAIN ...AFTER 12WEEKS ..
I understand you have to go a E P D course ..to recive you NI contribution ..
but feel to ill to attend ..
also i understand that 39yrs NI contribtions is enough to help with receiving full pension
when you retire at 66 .
After 365 days ..is stopping the does a person just ring and say no longer want to claim ..
as enough NI CONTRIBUTIONS .
Thankyou hope you understand this post
very greatful for any replies:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192729 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help please with ESA /CB ..Ending
Tilly

You can only make a new claim for Contribution Based ESA if you can re-meet the Contribution Conditions again and at least one of the years used is later than those used when you originally qualified. This means that you need to have worked for at least 26 weeks in one of the two complete Tax Years preceding the year that the claim is made. For a claim made in 2017 these are 2014-15 and 2015-16,

After the 365 days have elapsed then your ESA(CB) payments will cease and from your post you are not eligible due to your savings to receive ESA(IR), however, your claim remains open and it is to your advantage to leave it open, if at some time in the future you are assessed and moved to the Support Group then your ESA(CB) will go back into payment.

I believe that the current full pension requirement is 35 years or more of NI Contributions or Credits.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen 47

More
6 years 9 months ago #192895 by Helen 47
Replied by Helen 47 on topic Help please with ESA /CB ..Ending
Thank you Gordon for your reply .
Still a bit unsure on a few Matters .
When you say to leave the claim open ..what do you mean ??
Do I ring and say I no longer want to claim ESA / Contributory ...or not , and then make a fresh claim
Still worried about not been able to attend the course which is impending ...
Sorry for any confusion ...
Thank you Tilly :)

More
6 years 9 months ago #192908 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help please with ESA /CB ..Ending
Tilly

Can you re-meet the Contribution Conditions to make a new claim, you will have to have worked for at least 26 weeks in one of the Tax years 2014-15 or 2015-16 and the 26 weeks must not have been used to allow your current claim (e.g. it must be a newer 26 weeks) and received NI Contributions or Credits for at least 50 weeks in each of these Tax Years?

If you can't re-meet these conditions then you cannot make a new claim for ESA(CB). You don't need to close your claim, just leave it as it is.

If you can and this should be something that you can specifically confirm by contacting HMRC then you can close your current claim if it is no longer in payment and make a new claim for ESA(CB). But be aware it is a completely new claim, new ESA50 and new face to face.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192930 by Helen 47
Replied by Helen 47 on topic Help please with ESA /CB ..Ending
Gordon ..
Thankyou..now I understand.
Your such a big help it's mind boggling all the ins n out of Esa / CB
I've been fortunate to be able to work for the past 42 yrs ...
Since my illness and couldn't work anymore ..
Found all these forms, meetings ,face to face very stressful .
Nice to no there is some one there to help you .
Regards
S
Tilly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.