× Members

First PIP letter, phone claim v. Writing for form?

More
6 years 9 months ago #192808 by Strange
Generally you have to phone to make the claim for PIP but i have seen a Wolverhampton address where you can write to start your claim if you have problems suing the phone. There is a warning that this might delay procsing.
I wondered if anyone has requested the PIP1 by replying i writing rather than making that call, and if there are any hitches withthat, and secondly, does anyone think that doing it this way might affect the outcome at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192830 by Gordon
S

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I have to advise caution, all of the B&W members who have gone down this route have had severe problems receiving a paper version of the form and several had their DLA payments suspended because they missed the first deadline for starting their PIP claim. The claim does not start until the DWP have a completed PIP1.

Can someone ring on your behalf, you would need to be present for the security questions and to authorise the DWP to speak to the person, but they could take the vast majority of the call.

The PIP Claim guide has a list of the questions that will be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193464 by Strange
The letter does not give a stop date for DLA though -surely there would be a warning? There is a number to call if you want to claim and another if you do ot want to claim. If you have not called either will they not send a reminder and a "your dla will end on" notice first?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193465 by Strange
Thanks. How can i delete posts , or delete my name from the quoted bit in replies?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193515 by Gordon

Strange wrote: The letter does not give a stop date for DLA though -surely there would be a warning? There is a number to call if you want to claim and another if you do ot want to claim. If you have not called either will they not send a reminder and a "your dla will end on" notice first?

The letter should have a date by which you must start your PIP Claim, if you fail to start it by this date ten your DLA payments will be suspended and you will be given a further four weeks to start your PIP claim. If you fail to meet this requirement then your DLA claim will be closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193516 by Gordon

Strange wrote: Thanks. How can i delete posts , or delete my name from the quoted bit in replies?

I've done it for you.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.