× Members

Work allowance for Universal Credit LCWRA

More
6 years 9 months ago #192854 by smark25
Hi,

I am currently in receipt of PIP higher rate for both categories as well as Universal Credit LCWRA.

Could you confirm the work allowance for this category for a single 30 year old with no children? I have seen various figures including £111 and £192 and i am unsure as to which one is correct.

I have the opportunity to do several hours of work a week in administration which will be well below the threshold however i am concerned about the potential consequences further down the line when the renewal forms arrive. The work is essentially a tester to see how i feel, but obviously i am wondering how the DWP will respond to this. Will they see it as an excuse to haul me in for a 're-assessment'?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192867 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work allowance for Universal Credit LCWRA
Mark

UC is paid monthly so the figures you have are definitely wrong, if I am reading the information correctly then it will be;

Single 25 or over - 317.82
Limited Capability for Work and Work-Related Activity element - 318.76

which gives a total of £636.58

The PIP would be extra and is paid four weekly.

Only you can decide whether to do the work or not! Is it at odds with your stated limitations? Even if it isn't it may be a factor at any future reassessment and you need to consider the impact it might have.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192981 by smark25
Replied by smark25 on topic Work allowance for Universal Credit LCWRA
Hi Gordon,

I was not enquiring about the UC breakdown itself, just the permitted work allowed when one is in the LCWRA category before it starts to be deducted form your benefit.

The job is simply filing. I will be working with my carer under her supervision; its 0 hours so i can go in when i want so theres no pressure. Its a great opportunity to push myself and try and get back into the working world but you are right, it is important to consider the future affect on a claim.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 9 months ago #193354 by smark25
Hi Gordon,

How do i inform them? By post or by phone?

Mark

More
6 years 9 months ago #193368 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work allowance for Universal Credit LCWRA

Mark Seeds wrote: Hi Gordon,

How do i inform them? By post or by phone?

Mark

This is something to tell them about in writing and if possible send the letter using a tracked post so that you also have proof of delivery.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193383 by smark25
Thanks Gordon,

Do you know precisely what details they need?

Thanks

Mark

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.