× Members

Attendance at Appeal

• Christina Cramsie
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #192883 by Christina Cramsie
Attendance at Appeal was created by Christina Cramsie
My son is 18, he was on DLA (MRC LRM) since he was 10, went for PIP. He was v.anxious at the f2f I had to go with him or he wouldn't have gone. The assessor was unsympathetic to his anxiety/ASD, I had to answer most of the questions. We also had an advocate with us. He was turned down 0 points, mainly due to the info on the assessors report which said he did not have any problems answering questions, showed no signs of anxiety, and because he has GCSE maths he is fine. He also has a history of self harm. I got extra evidence from an ASD charity we are involved in and asked for MR, pointed out again the difficulties he has socially etc. but again he got 0 points and the decision maker reffered to the assessors report and ignored the ASD report. I am keen to go to tribunal (and put in a complaint about the assessor, the advocate has written a letter to give her opinion of the f2f), but my son was traumatised by it all and he refuses to go to a hearing. I am his appointee.
Can I arrange an appeal and on the day just I attend and say he will not attend (which is true)?
Has anyone done this? Or any ideas for an alternative?
Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192898 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Attendance at Appeal
C

As his appointee you should be able to attend on his behalf, but I would still check with the Judge of his hearing in advance that they are happy to allow this. Once you have a venue, write to the Clerk of the Court for permission.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christina Cramsie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.