× Members

Anticipating Tribunal / Appeal

• Victoria Priestley
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #192991 by Victoria Priestley
Anticipating Tribunal / Appeal was created by Victoria Priestley
Dear Everyone. My papers now number 200 pages, and frankly a lot of it is half baked wittering from the DWP. Eventually I suppose I will get a date for the hearing (I am going in person). I have had yet more nonsense from the DWP and it looks like they are flannelling. They keep saying that if I have an issue with the Atos report (which gave fulsome details of a physical medical examination which never took place, which DWP relied on for their poorly justified decision), that I can 'contact the Healthcare Provider'. This is not so. I do not have a contract with Atos. The DWP have a contract, and they represent me. I did not choose Atos. The assessor did his job, and he supported me as best he could.

I know I have enough medical support, and other papers to support me at any hearing. My question is : in the face of incontrovertible evidence that the Atos report was 'adjusted' , or faked, that DWP happily went along with it, is this a strong enough case to take further (Second Tier) as a point of law?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193035 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Anticipating Tribunal / Appeal

Victoria Priestley wrote: I know I have enough medical support, and other papers to support me at any hearing. My question is : in the face of incontrovertible evidence that the Atos report was 'adjusted' , or faked, that DWP happily went along with it, is this a strong enough case to take further (Second Tier) as a point of law?

Probably not! You cannot appeal to the UTT because you disagree with the Decision or the evidence used in making the Decision, unless you can show that the Tribunal panel have not explained their reasons adequately or no reasonable person would have made the Decision based on the evidence available.

Most Tribunal panels have little or no interest in the assessment report, they want to know how the claimant meets the criteria to score the points for an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victoria Priestley

• Victoria Priestley
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #193057 by Victoria Priestley
Replied by Victoria Priestley on topic Anticipating Tribunal / Appeal
Thank you Gordon. From your reply, it sounds like the hearing is another F2F, this time with an independent panel, and they make their decision on the evidence I present on the day, my explanations etc. I have read a lot of the information on this forum.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193067 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Anticipating Tribunal / Appeal

Victoria Priestley wrote: Thank you Gordon. From your reply, it sounds like the hearing is another F2F, this time with an independent panel, and they make their decision on the evidence I present on the day, my explanations etc. I have read a lot of the information on this forum.

What type of hearing did you request, an Oral hearing you attend or a Paper one you do not?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victoria Priestley

• Victoria Priestley
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #193087 by Victoria Priestley
Replied by Victoria Priestley on topic Anticipating Tribunal / Appeal
Dear Gordon, I requested an oral hearing, as I felt that was the best opportunity to demonstrate and explain difficulties. I shall be accompanied. I am determined to see this through. This afternoon I looked at the sample diaries, which will be useful prompts. I admit to not really wanting to do this, if I don't it will all have been a waste of time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 9 months ago #193103 by gixxacath
Replied by gixxacath on topic Anticipating Tribunal / Appeal
good luck victoria xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.