× Members

Tribunal Date!!

More
6 years 9 months ago #193117 by Oscarab
Tribunal Date!! was created by Oscarab
Please help!

I have heard nothing for months about my Appeal date and I have today received a letter stating that my Hearing will be on the 27th of this month!!

Well - apart from the fact I have a very rare holiday booked I also have a pending house move! What can i do? Am I allowed to ask for a much later date?

Apart from this I have nothing prepared - I just cannot keep coping with the stress - I am suffering terribly with anxiety about all of this and am currently undergoing tests for adrenal problems and I am so confused about what applies to my case and what doesn't with all the changes from when I applied and to now I feel totally lost and overwhelmed with it all!

If they are our rights, why do we have to fight for them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193146 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal Date!!
Oscarab

OK so do you think that you will be able to attend your hearing? If not then you have the option of switching it to a Paper based appeal that you do not need to go to.

If you are going to submit anything then you have about a week to do it. Do you feel up to going through your claim form, the assessment report and our claim guides, to make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria for an award?

Are these Adrenal problems new? If they are then they are excluded from your appeal as the panel can only consider your conditions as they were on the date of the Decision being appealed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscarab

More
6 years 9 months ago #193178 by Oscarab
Replied by Oscarab on topic Tribunal Date!!
No I cannot attend as I will not be here! Can I ask for another date?

As for going through it? I am just all over the place with it - my head and my stress just mean I can't cope with any of it to be honest - its making me ill!

As for the adrenal problems - well - this has been ongoing for years and my blood results were showing these results some three plus years ago and above which have been giving my symptoms for years, so no, not new, part of my problems - stress and anxiety!

More
6 years 9 months ago #193202 by Gordon
Oscarab

You say the process is making you ill, that's why I asked about your attending.

As to being away, contact the Clerk of the Court at the venue and ask for another that is suitable

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193221 by Oscarab
Replied by Oscarab on topic Tribunal Date!!
Gordon

Thank you for your reply. In all honesty I am not up to attending and after the rubbish I was put through in the F2F I really don't want to go through this again! I really am not up for it and the stress and worry is just too much. I have even thought about withdrawing altogether.

What do I do?

Am I best all round to ask for a written application? But even then I am struggling to get my head around things.

I'd appreciate your honest thoughts and input = even if I was here, should I forget attending and say I can't cos of my anxiety etc cos of the situation and ask for a paper application instead? What are my chances?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193223 by Gordon
Oscarab

This has to be your call.

An appeal you attend is likely to be more successful than one you don't but you have to be healthy enough to go.

An appeal that you don't submit evidence to is less likely to be successful than one that you do, but you have to be well enough to prepare something to send in.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.