× Members

How are you informed of decision of ATOS medical?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193120 by ccactus
Sorry to ask yet another question, having been to my medical on the 29/07 I am now awaiting their decision; yesterday I received a letter that says they have looked at my claim again following a recent change - from 12 April 2017 my ESA will be 73.10. I phoned the DWP to ask if this was the decision from my medical and was advised to phone again in a weeks time; as the advisor wasn't sure! This would be acceptable, but if it is my award then I wish to appeal, and leaving it another week would give me less time to prepare my argument.

I am aware that you get a phone call when you score zero points, as I have had a couple of those, and taken straight to tribunal. I have never been awarded straight away.
My question is - is this the new way of doing things; and if so how do you know what points you have scored and where, or is this just a standard letter that is sent out to let you know what your rate of benefit is.

Any clarification on this would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193149 by Gordon
ccactus

The letter actually sounds more like the annual ESA entitlement letter that has had to be re-issued due to the original containing misleading information. I say this because it makes reference to April, I would expect a Decision to have been made in the last couple of weeks and it quotes the ESA Assessment rate and a Decision would either be no award or the WRAG or the SG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ccactus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.