× Members

PIP review after 9 months

More
6 years 9 months ago #193122 by Marymay
PIP review after 9 months was created by Marymay
Hi, my husband had a face to face last September and was assessed as needing middle rate daily activity support and low rate mobility. We asked for reconsideration as he has no mobility needs at all and we were puzzled as to how the assessor concluded thi. The scores for daily living did not fit with the descriptors. The reconsideration increased the daily living and took away the mobility, as requested by ourselves, to be reviewed March 18.
In March 17 we received a questionnaire which we completed. Nothing has changed or ever will change as my husband has three chronic conditions which will never change. He now has been given ten days notice for a face to face interview. We didn't supply any further information with the questionnaire as we don't have any. His conditions are not really managed by health professionals now as he manages himself with my support fir many years. We were relieved to get the first interview over, we were honest about not qualifying for mobility and it seems as though we are in the spotlight. We are going to ask for his file so we can get info on why this is happening. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone say whether or not we must attend or can we ask why and appeal against another face to face so soon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193152 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review after 9 months
Marymay

I'm afraid almost all PIP awards are being reassessed a year in advance of the award ending so you cannot avoid this process.

You say you received two days notice of the assessment, you are entitled to seven days written notice, however, this does include postage time.

It's not a requirement that you submit new evidence with a Review form, as it should refer to he previous PIP2 and anything attached, so make sure that you go back through what was originally said on this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marymay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.