× Members

esa appeal

More
6 years 9 months ago #193144 by JAF
esa appeal was created by JAF
Hi
I recently won appeal for support group, after a year since assessment placed me in work group. Three days later I received a letter stating I had to go for WFI in a months time. I know that they can't force you to go for one of these if your in S.G. so I'm now worried that they may be planning to appeal the tribunals decision, as I haven't had anything in writing from them yet stating that I won appeal which was two weeks ago. Can you please advise. Thank you.
J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193158 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa appeal
Julie

It's much more likely that the JC+ staff have not been made aware of your appeal success! I'm assuming the new award is not in payment yet, it can take the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result.

I would give the JC+ advisor a ring and tell them of your appeal success, they should be willing to defer the requirement while the appeal is sorted out and once the DWP consider you to be in the SG, then the requirement for you to attend goes away.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193242 by JAF
Replied by JAF on topic esa appeal
Thanks for prompt reply. I recently heard that they have recruited 86 DWP officers to attend appeals to try and appeal the decision made to the upper tribunal. A DWP member was at my appeal, which is why I am a bit worried and the letter to attend WFI arrived days after and it was to see a different adviser than my usual one, who agreed that Interviews could be conducted via phone call. It seems too much of a coincidence, to receive this letter days after my appeal and wouldn't the officer have informed them that I had won the appeal seeing as she was there? I'm probably being paranoid, but they have caused me a year of stress and anxiety, with the lies they have told. Thank you.
Julie

More
6 years 9 months ago #193253 by Gordon
JAF

I really think it is a coincidence, the JC+ staff would not be aware that you are appealing unless you have told them and the result of the appeal will not be available to anyone in the DWP until it is processed by the relevant department and logged onto the computer system,which is almost never before four weeks from the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193258 by JAF
Replied by JAF on topic esa appeal
I did tell my adviser at jobcentre that I was appealing and he said he would inform them that I was appealing and have never heard from them since. That was last year. Is it usual for them to swap your work adviser? Thanks for your help.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193259 by Gordon

JAF wrote: I did tell my adviser at jobcentre that I was appealing and he said he would inform them that I was appealing and have never heard from them since. That was last year. Is it usual for them to swap your work adviser? Thanks for your help.

Based on what we have heard on the forum, JC+ advisors are changed quite frequently.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.