× Members

What do do when dwp say will do it but Don't?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193150 by iccsmate
On the phone to the dwp to get transfered from jsa to the appeal rate of esa I had to call the dwp something like 10 times each time they give me conflicting answers to my questions. They told me in one call my esa would get set up once I receive a call from them today before midday. but no call back from them left me wondering where I had gone wrong. I had to call them back to see where my call back from them had gone.

In my last phone call to the dwp, the person who dealt with my call one minute confirmed to me that I was still on jsa but later in the same phone call comfirmed I'm on esa. So which one is it Then? A simple question in plain English is not enough to get a clear answer from the dwp

What should I do. Should I write to the dwp to get them transfer me from esa to the appeal rate of esa?

I think the dwp are just to big in size and just like the oversized banks had to be cut down in to smaller units placed directly in local major towns and cities . This use of massive call centres doesn't work very well as one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

Bring everything down to a local level town by town where dwp departments know and work with each other to get things done properly instead of having everything speak out all over the place. It's no wonder I can't get a clear answer from the dwp. They are unable to organise correctly in there current setup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193159 by Gordon
iccsmate

You can write if you want but it will delay the transition. I would escalate the problem to a manager, this usually requires a call back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.