× Members

Moving in with partner

More
6 years 9 months ago #193183 by Scott
Moving in with partner was created by Scott
Hi Everyone I am new to this forum and my partner and I are looking at moving in together. My partner is concerned she will lose her ESA benefits when we live together. My partner is receiving income related ESA and PIP and is placed in a support group I am self employed and have currently earned in the last tax year 14500 could someone please advise us on the effect this will have? We both receive tax credits and I receive working tax credits which I assume will become a joint claim when we move in together?
Any help with this will be much appreciated
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193207 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Moving in with partner
Scott

It depends on whether she is receiving Contribution Based ESA or Income Related. If the former then your earnings will not affect her ESA, if the latter then your earnings will reduce her ESA £ for £.

Also, if you are working more than 24 hours a week, her EWSA(IR) payments will cease.

I would put your joint information into one of the online benefit calculators to see what they say.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.