× Members

ESA Assessment

More
6 years 9 months ago #193263 by chumsmum
ESA Assessment was created by chumsmum
Hi so thats me done two assessments in 2 weeks ESA today PIP a little over a week ago
Todays assessment has got me a bit baffled and anxious I have to say - the assessor explained that if during the interview he feels he has enough information on one condition he will end the interview at that point. He started with my physical problems and when at that point said he had enough - I asked did he not want to know about my MH problems he said no based on my physical problems he had enough - I explained that Im currently in Support group and have been for some time based on MH but its in the last 18 months - 2 years that my physical health has suffered dramatically - he then said he doubted I would have been placed into the support group on MH grounds as it doesnt meet criteria (i have severe agoraphobia and anxiety)
Now Im in a turmoil that although my physical health is bad they may well put me in WRAG as they think I can go out .... or worse still I could lose the ESA completely ???
Has anyone else had the same from assessor stating they stop the interview if they have enough info ? is this normal last time I had an assessment was about 3-4 years ago with ATOS this was either Maximus or Capita
I thought descriptors had changed for PIP have they changed for ESA ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment
peanut

Once the assessor is satisfied that the claimant has met one or more of the Support Group Descriptors they can curtail the assessment, so it may be nothing to worry about, unfortunately you will have to wait for the Decision (2-4 weeks) as the assessment report is rarely released before this.

There has been no changes to the ESA Descriptors since March 2013, although there DWP guidance has been updated several times.

Did you attend the assessment on your own? If you did then this might explain the comment about you not meeting the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chumsmum

More
6 years 9 months ago #193287 by chumsmum
Replied by chumsmum on topic ESA Assessment
The assessment was in my home - my GP sent letter and form requesting such due to my agoraphobia - he was very descriptive about my condition I learnt so I was very pleased

More
6 years 9 months ago #193288 by chumsmum
Sorry it also meant to add I think he meant the condition agoraphobia and anxiety doesn't put you in support group ... But I was a little confused by his statement and a bit panicky

More
6 years 9 months ago #193289 by chumsmum
Oh sorry I thought of another question - do DWP decision makers go solely by assessment or do they look at your additional info too as I do have a lengthy 4 page report from Community Mental Health in my evidence ?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment
Peanut

I've checked the ESA Claim guide and the ESA Going Out activity does not have a Support Group equivalent so the assessor may have been suggesting that you must have qualified for the SG due to another issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chumsmum

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.