× Members

MR notice received

More
6 years 9 months ago #193350 by wolfchile
MR notice received was created by wolfchile
Sorry can't find my original post about this issue to post there.

Just got MR back after being in to DWP for 8 weeks. Contacted MP office who asked them to expedite it. Decision has come back to rubber stamp original decision word for word. They haven't looked at anything I provided. I wanted to ask about appeal. As there are no advice agencies to help me with this is it a bad idea to do it alone. Are oral hearings more successful than paper based and also if oral hearing is better will it count against me having to do it alone? The report the assessor did was full of inaccuracies  said I don't need social support yet I went to assessment with my social services care worker who I have to help me get out. Then I only manage once a week with their support. There were lots of other issues but no point going over them right now. I'm too unwell.  ‎

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193362 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR notice received
wolfchile

I can give you the statistical information, but this rarely apples to an individual claim.

Success rates for an Oral appeal are significantly higher than those for a Paper one, but we regularly see members winning their Paper hearings.

Whether you should attend or not depends on your conditions, if you suffer from Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety or similar then it may count against you if you attend, however, it depends on the character of your illness, some people are able to attend doctors appointments and the like, because they do not see them as social events, whereas they could not meet with friends.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.