× Members

pinch and grip pip

More
6 years 9 months ago #193382 by perrybo
pinch and grip pip was created by perrybo
hi just had pip assesment at home and when it came to the actual medical test i declined the bending and arms back of the head as i was in a lot of pain but i did do trhe grip and pinch test i have duphtrens contracture in both hands all i could do was put my hand around his 2 fingers but couldnt grip also i could just touch his finger with my thumb and finger no grip what i would like to no is if i do get awarded any points for any of the descriptors could this go against me or should i of declined i also stood up struggled and nearly fell as i was going to show him how i struggled to walk but he told me to sit down is this a good or bad thing
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pinch and grip pip
perrybo

Providing you explained why you were declining and you explained these problems on the form then it shouldn't be a problem, the assessment is to find out what you can't do as well as what you can.

Again, I would not worry about being told to sit down when trying to walk.

You should be able to request a copy of the report next week by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

PIP Decisions are taking 2-4 weeks at the moment

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: perrybo

More
6 years 9 months ago #193396 by perrybo
Replied by perrybo on topic pinch and grip pip
Hi no he asked me to do this and I declined then he just said OK on the form I could only manage 20ft walking with stops also what is the pinch and grip for as I already told him I had got disabled utensils
Thanks

More
6 years 9 months ago #193398 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pinch and grip pip

perrybo wrote: Hi no he asked me to do this and I declined then he just said OK on the form I could only manage 20ft walking with stops also what is the pinch and grip for as I already told him I had got disabled utensils
Thanks

It's to test hand grip, there are a standard set of physical tests that they do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193416 by Harmony
Replied by Harmony on topic pinch and grip pip
According to the report I've received today my pinch & grip is fine ......... even though they weren't tested!! My friend also had the same on hers recently too (hers also weren't tested!).

Good luck :D

Lyndsay

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.