× Members

PIP negative assessment feedback - help please

More
6 years 9 months ago #193414 by PAULT32
I have never claimed before and due to numerous health conditions and the fact I cam now only work part time, I have applied for PIP. Had my assessment today at North Mamchester General. The assessor said she would need my meds and prescriptions later on then never asked about them again. She also told me that Syringomyelia and Pilonidal Sinus were the same thing. We ended up in a heated debate and I asked what her position was to which I never got an answer. I then explained how unhappy I was and that I would like her to add my comments to her notes. She was very unhappy about being questioned even when I explained that the two conditions are not the same and I was concerned that she was making assumptions like this and typing notesup based on her assumptions. I raised my reservations about the notes on her report due to this. I was in there 50 minutes from start to finish and dont have any confidence in how this was conducted especially as the decision is based on what this assessor has typed up. I was originally told the respinse would be 2 weeks after the assessment yet my assessir tokd me it would be between 6 & 8 weeks before a response. Should I wait for my response or raise my concerns now? Also not sure how to even complain or who to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193427 by Gordon
Paul

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

This can be difficult, we have seen members report the worst assessment possible and still receive the Enhanced rate and others who thought it could not have gone better, receive nothing initially.

Before you make any Decision to complain I would request a copy of the assessment report, just contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Although times may increase due to summer holidays we are still seeing PIP Decisions taking around 2-4 weeks.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: PAULT32

More
6 years 9 months ago #193449 by gixxacath
Replied by gixxacath on topic PIP negative assessment feedback - help please
you ask otis or capitor to send you a complaints for id but they didnt send ,make noted of when and who you spoke too xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: PAULT32

More
6 years 9 months ago #193485 by PAULT32
Thank you, I was just concerned as the assessor didnt seem to ask me that many questions which all the guides seem to suggest. There was no indepth questions about the real impact of all my conditions and even ignored the fact that all my conditions have had an impact on my stress levels. I have never claimed before and amd working part time so have neen put in this position through no fault if my own. Also the fact that the assessor was making incorrect assumptions without even understanding what the conditions are and became extremely displeased at the fact that I questioned her. It was very distressing and didnt feel it was dealt eoth in very professional manner. I have had to work part time now but it felt like she was making a judgement as if I shouldnt be clAiming if I can go to work. Ill call next week and ask for copy of the report as Im concerned at the responses she has typed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.