× Members

Benefits Suspension

More
6 years 9 months ago #193457 by DC
Benefits Suspension was created by DC
I have recieved a letter from my coucil that they have been informed by HMRC that I am 'earning', and now have an "income". This is not true. I recieved an out of court settlement from the Metropolitan Police at the end of last year following a 9 year legal battle. The amount was under £8000. I informed the Benefits Agency of this in writing. They are now suspending my benefits until they recieve information of my "income" even though I don't have one !!! My anxiety levels have gone through the roof. Any help/advice etc. would be very welcome.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193508 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefits Suspension
DC

All you can do is provide copies of your banks statements and the documentation surrounding your compensation.

For HMRC to believe you are working I would have expected there to be regular payments to your bank accounts, are there any of these in the last 6-12 months that they may be confusing for wages?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.