× Members

Missed medical, payments stopped

More
6 years 9 months ago #193472 by Dm
I am in the process of transferring from DLA to PIP. Filled out forms and sent back in time line. Heard nothing. Got a letter from council tax to say no longer eligible as DLA stopped. Rang DWP who checked, said assessment letter was sent out but I didn't attend. I had clearly stated on my PIP form that I was having trouble with post and could someone telephone me for an appointment, this didn't happen. I was then told that my letter to give good reason for non attendance was NOT sent by DWP and this was an error on their part, so the advisor did the for over the phone for me to go to a case manager. This was only 2 days ago, but in the meantime my DLA has been stopped and I was told it would not be re-instated until after the assessment. This could take a few weeks. Can they do this? I didn't receive the assessment letter and had stated I would need a phone call, then it was their mistake for not sending out the good reason letter! It doesn't seem fair. Can someone help answer this? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed medical, payments stopped
Dm

Unfortunately the people who deal with appointments will not have had sight of your PIP2 form and they are also legally required to inform the claimant of an appointment in writing, so they don't usually call.

You will have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision to close your DLA claim. This needs to be in writing to the DWP office that was dealing with your claim.

In the interim you need to make a Subject Access Request to ATOS for the following;

1. A copy of the missing invitation letter.
2. A copy of your computer record showing the address that they have on file for you.
3. Proof that the letter was posted by ATOS and when.

You can write a letter to the Assessment Provider headed "Subject Access Request", you can find the address from the following.

Capita PIP Contact
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

ATOS PIP Contact
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

You say that you are having problems with your mail, has this been documented by Royal Mail?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.