× Members

ESA (work related) to ESA (support group) Advice

More
6 years 9 months ago #193510 by Oliversudden
Hello my name is Oliver I have been on ESA work related for about 2 years now I suffer from mental Illness and I'm on the waiting list to see a therapist I never ever knew support group existed up untill a few weeks ago and I strongly feel like I should be put into that group.

As I have been on work related for 2 years I have never ever been asked for a medical and obviously I can't appeal or ask for a mandatory reconsideration because of the length I have been on this.

I would like to ask what my options are to be transferred to support group.

1. Call esa and ask for a medical
2. Put in a new claim and cancel my current one
3. Send them a letter with why I should be moved

Please please can someone help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193544 by Gordon
O

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The Support Group has very specific criteria that need to be met, do you think that you meet these?

The ESA Claim guides have a list of the SG Descriptors.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you do think that you meet the criteria then you should contact the DWP office dealing with your claim and ask to be reassessed.

Be aware that the will be a full review of your award, a new ESA50 and almost certainly a face to face assessment. You must show that you meet one or more of the SG Descriptors and provide evidence to support this.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.