× Members

PIP Decision taking so long

More
6 years 9 months ago #193559 by Shan09
PIP Decision taking so long was created by Shan09
Hi,
I'm new to this site but wandered if anyone could give me some advice...
I made a claim for pip on 3rd March due to facet joint arthropathy in my cervical spine (diseased joints) and also for my anxiety and depressions.
I had my assessment with Atos on 16th June.
I received a letter from DWP last Saturday 8th July, which was dated 3rd July, saying that they had received all of the information they needed and would contact me soon with a decision regarding my claim.
It's now 17th July and still not a word??!
The thing is that the more I have to wait the more stressed and anxious I'm getting and this makes the pain so much worse but I cannot stop overthinking. Has anyone had a similar experience who can offer advice? I'm so stressed that I can hardly function now and I just want to know what the decision is? This doesn't seem fair at all...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193568 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision taking so long
Shan

I'm afraid that there are considerable delays in the PIP assessment process at the moment, members are waiting 10-12 weeks as a minimum to hear about a face to face appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.