× Members

ESA Evidence

More
6 years 9 months ago #193580 by Me31
ESA Evidence was created by Me31
I am feeling confused about ESA evidence.

Today I went to my doctor asking for a supporting letter for my assessment that’s next week (25th), however she seemed reluctant to give me one and only gave me one of those basic fitness for work notes instead saying, “not fit for work”.

She said that if ESA need information they usually send a report to fill in (the ESA113) however she said that they have not sent one.

-Is it normal for the GP not to be sent the ESA113, is it something I need to worry about?
-Should I try to insist the GP wrote a letter, and should I be worried if she continues not to give me one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193602 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Evidence
Maria

It's actually quite unusual for an ESA113 to be issued, there is no legal requirement for those assessing you to contact your health care contacts.

I'm afraid you can't insist that your GP write a letter or report, it's entirely up to them. Some GP's use the forms as an excuse not to provide assistance with benefits and others genuinely believe that the DWP will contact them if they need information.

Assuming you can afford it, you can try offering to pay for a report, but if you go this way make sure you understand what you are getting, you don't want to pay for something that is actually of little use.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Me31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.