× Members

incorrect information given after my face to face

More
6 years 9 months ago #193646 by Doreen
Hi everyone, has anyone experienced incorrect information on their report after their face to face assessment. there are two comments that are untrue on my report. If so what could I do.
Smileydee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193658 by Gordon
Doreen

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It is not unknown for us to hear this on the forum.

Have you had a Decision yet?

If you haven't then there is a very small window for you to challenge these errors.

It depends on the nature of the errors, first of all stick to challenging factual errors, you are unlikely to dissuade the Decision Maker of the assessors opinions, that's what they are paid for (even if they are wrong), secondly deal with issues that are directly related to you scoring points, for example; putting the wrong time for the assessment or the time it took indicates a slapdash approach to completing the report but isn't going to help you to an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193685 by Doreen
Thanks Gordon I will check this site .The assessor stated that I was able to walk to my sisters house a few houses away from mine which is approximately 30 metres .I do not have a sister that lives 30 metres away from me.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193716 by Gordon

Doreen wrote: Thanks Gordon I will check this site .The assessor stated that I was able to walk to my sisters house a few houses away from mine which is approximately 30 metres .I do not have a sister that lives 30 metres away from me.

That's definitely worth reporting.

Be aware though, marginalising the report is unlikely to result in an award and if you do too good a job, it can result in a new face to face being required if the report is withdrawn, so there is a fine line to follow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193809 by Doreen
Thanks again Gordon I'm not sure what to do as I have stated that I can walk 1metre but no more than 20metres. The statement from the assessor as prevented me from getting the enhanced rate( I have been getting High rate DLA for many years) so I don't feel that she should have stated that I can walk 30 metres when I cannot. Thanks again:

More
6 years 9 months ago #193833 by Gordon

Doreen wrote: Thanks again Gordon I'm not sure what to do as I have stated that I can walk 1metre but no more than 20metres. The statement from the assessor as prevented me from getting the enhanced rate( I have been getting High rate DLA for many years) so I don't feel that she should have stated that I can walk 30 metres when I cannot. Thanks again:

If the assessors opinion of your walking is based on an incorrect fact then you should include this in your MR.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.