× Members

ESA Advice please

More
6 years 9 months ago #193653 by scratchgolfer
ESA Advice please was created by scratchgolfer
Hi all.
I don't know if you can help, but here goes.
According to my company's doctor, he advised that I be finished work on ill health a while ago, this is now imminent, however as part of the package I would be entitled to a percentage of my salary through a company income protection plan, whilst this is nice it comes nowhere near my salary, my employer also contributes an amount of SSP which this amount will stop, so I guess basically I want to know if I can claim esa when also getting a percentage of my salary, I have copies of my fit notes going back to January so would I also be eligible for contribution based esa at the support group rate as I have notes going back more than 6 months. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193671 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Advice please
scratchgolfer

You can't make a claim for ESA until your SSP stops although you can make a claim in anticipation of it stopping, starting your ESA the day after your SSP stops.

You can receive, what I assume is a Personal Health Insurance payment, while receiving ESA but I would expect it to be treated in the same way as pension income would unless you are still classed as employed.

So if you have been working for the Tax Years 2014-15 and 2015-16 then you should be eligible for Contribution Based ESA in which case there is an £85/week disregard of any pension income followed by a £1/week deduction for every £2 of pension in excess of the £85.

If you are only eligible for Income Related ESA then the pension is deducted £ for £.

I can't comment on whether you would be placed in the Support Group, you would need to meet one of the associated Descriptors to be placed in the group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193698 by scratchgolfer
Replied by scratchgolfer on topic ESA Advice please
Thanks Gordon, much appreciated

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.