× Members

Are f2f ass in capita centres health professionals

More
6 years 9 months ago #193690 by Dribble
Hi Gordon
Are the assessors working in the capita centres the same people who also conduct the home visits? Or do just qualified health professionals do the home visits,i.e. physios,doctors oc health.do the interviewers disclose their level of medical competence?
Also somebody has kindly pointed out to me that surely in case of a fire it's wrong to conduct such interviews with so many disabled people reliant on the use of a lift to get to interview room . I couldn't cope with flights of stairs as I'm sure many others wouldn't, is this legal ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193721 by Gordon
Dribble

There is some separation of assessor based on the conditions that the claimant has, so a doctor would be preferred for example where the claimant had suffered a serious head injury, but there is no such restriction between assessments done in the home versus the APs offices. So I have been seen by both a doctor and a nurse at home assessments.

You can ask about there background experience but most assessors will simply say that they have been trained in disability assessment to a standard set by the DWP, some might provide further information, but you cannot rely on it.

If you could not use the stairs in an emergency at the APs offices then you need to contact them about this as there is a clear Health & Safety issue, but this does not mean that they will switch you to a home assessment, they may just offer you an appointment at another office where this is not an issue, this could mean a more difficult journey for you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193770 by Dribble
Thanks Gordon , it seems like they've got it all fairly set up to their own advantage on every level, literally lol . Many thanks, you've been a great help to me x

More
6 years 9 months ago #193771 by Dribble
Actually Gordon, if the lift was broken in the building and they said I'd got to use the stairs and I couldn't, can I refuse interview if they don't offer sensible alternative, ground floor or another date.?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193794 by Gordon

Dribble wrote: Actually Gordon, if the lift was broken in the building and they said I'd got to use the stairs and I couldn't, can I refuse interview if they don't offer sensible alternative, ground floor or another date.?

Your refusing the assessment creates problems that you really want to avoid. Keep it simple, if the assessment is not on the ground floor and you would be unable to use the stairs because of your conditions in an emergency, then it is a health and safety issue and it is their problem to resolve, but don't leave it to the day of the assessment, contact them now!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dribble

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.