× Members

Job center phone call asking about change of circs

More
6 years 9 months ago #193711 by Amy
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has heard of this before. She confirmed my DOB and asked if there was any change of circumstances and then wanted to confirm my mobile number but I don't have one at the minute. Then she said if there is any cirumstsbces that change such as my mobile number to contract the job center.

I have anxiety paranoia and depression and have been on esa for about a year as I had to leave my job in the DWP due to a breakdown.

In recent months there has been a huge family breakdown and arguments and I'm now concerned one of them has maliciously reported me or something as they know I claim benefits. Obviously haven't done anything wrong but it just crossed my mind they may of done it to try and cause me extra stress

Any ideas what this phone call means? Is it as simple as it sounds or is there a meaning behind it?

Thanks x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193744 by Gordon
Amy

I'm afraid you will have to wait and see if anything further happens.

The call is quite unusual, but it is possible that you were selected randomly.

What I can say is that if there was any real concern over the benefits that you are receiving then they would have opted for an interview, so I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.